The DonMcNay.com Blog

Go to www.DonMcNay.com for Don McNay's column and other articles.

Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Don McNay's Blog (From www.donmcnay.com): Classic Rock and Roll

Don McNay's Blog (From www.donmcnay.com): Classic Rock and Roll

I think this is a scoop but Scissor Sisters is supposed to be on Saturday Night Live on December 11.

I got the information from one of the band members mother. I won't name names but if you read my column you might have a hint.

http://www.donmcnay.com/register/August.08.2004.php

For people like me that are old enough to have seen the original shows with John Belushi, Gilda Radner, Chevy Chase etc., it is hard to believe they have come so far. SNL has introduced a plethora of new acts to a mainstream audience and I suspect it will be Scissor Sister's big breakthough.

Along that line. Scissor Sisters is going on a concert tour. Now that I have purchased my tickets, I will tell you they will be at the Dane in Lexington on December 16. Since it will be right after the SNL appearance, I am sure a small venue like the Dane will sell out in no time.

They are also going to Atlanta, Austin and various places in between. You can order tickets at www.Scissorsisters.net.